Thursday, March 5, 2015

ISLAND OF THE BLUE DOLPHINS 1.4

ISLAND OF THE BLUE DOLPHINS

Hi! This is my 4th post about the book Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell. The question of the day is about the characters. How has the past shaped their lives? I think that Karana has shaped her life to survive. Once Ramo died, she wanted to kill the wild dogs who killed him. So, she created weapons (which was against her tribe law) and used them to protect, defend, and survive. I also think that because she lost all of her family, she feels like there is less importance in following tribe customs and law. 

(this is a picture of karana at the edge of the island)

2 comments:

  1. I agree but she also shape her life on family and friends. She talks about her brother Ramos, her father which was the chief, and her friend Ulape. Once all of those characters faded out of the book, she took on the survival characteristic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. But, Ulape is her sister by the way. But I so agree on how once they were gone that it didn't matter as much to her and she focused on survival. :)

    ReplyDelete